My mentor is leaving me next Friday. This is the message, I have been trying to convey this for the past 6 hrs but have done it with no success.Maybe because I can still cannot believe the fact......I will not believe it till the last second....Why does my life get always stuck in such turmoils? WHY?
Maybe because everything was too sweet , like the Utopian concept she explained during nationalism in Europe.....life will have to move on , I understand....but why is she going NOW? Leaving me just before my final step- the final examination after which I will move on to another school! I am maybe too selfish but so are the hundreds of students who are studying under her and so are the thousand who studied under her.
It was so good! From last year I haven't put one foot wrong, because of the path she carved for me. When I got the highest mark this semester I could only feel the gratitude.....I didn't even tell her a proper thank you. I can clearly remember the envy of the other section students when our class explained the classes with her! God is too evil, why can't we experience some fun??
What is SO special about her classes you may ask.It is my duty to explain.
- Stories - The last time someone hears a story from a teacher must go back to the lower primary levels, but our class is (going to be was soon) lucky to hear some stories from her.She mostly starts or end our class with 10 minutes of stories! If I explain those stories it would become an entirely different post, so I'll run through it. Her stories ranges from the hare and the tortoise with a twist to what the earth would be like in a 70 years....I promise to explain the stories later [ ;) ] hare and tortoise with a twist!
- Discussions- What really happened in 26/11? Is the CWG so bad as shown? Should we care really what Obama has to tell about India? If you have any query about any matter we discuss it in the class! Miss usually supports India but also accepts it if she is wrong! Isn't that a wonder? Although I always seem to be accepting with her views......
- Other subjects- How many teachers even think about other subjects except their own?? Miss does! In fact , instead of just giving 10 mins free for preparing for a different subject she explains the subject by herself! I still remember the way she explained biology when we had an understanding problem with our new teacher and also the poem which explains about the cross roads in life! You wouldn't believe it, her new interpretation of a line made us all gain 2 marks in that test!
- Handling- She hasn't yelled at us even once throughout the years, even though we are reputed to be the worst batch in the school.She makes us feel special when she calls us 'her special batch'.When other teachers leave you confused why you lost a mark,she clearly writes the point we have missed and sometimes writes extra points, we could have written even when she doesn't cut a mark!
All the descriptions would be incomplete if I don't tell this point, She teaches her subject in the best possible way and finishes her portions in the fastest time although she is too modest to accept all this.....She can never have a replacement and there will always be the empty spot in my life....I am at the least happy that she has been with me for this long......
It is make or break without her now. I don't know how to go about studying with the other teachers.....must be the same way because it is the best way.I remember it yesterday,everything was going in the wrong way- The cat fight with my mom where she scratched my face (!) , the horrible 'surprise' my friends gave me , the detention I got during my games for not bringing my racquet and forgetting to call my parents and informing that it would get late after the movie.........but somehow at the end of the day , her leaving the school disturbed me the most......leaving a pit in my stomach,fear in my heart and a confusion in my brain....
Please don't leave..........
I don't have anymore ace up my sleeve
I am very sorry , I am just sick with worry!
Miss if you read this please don't change your decision I am just a bit fuzzed up that's all. I will always wish the best for you. =)
- yours apologetically yet cheerfully yet sadly yet confusedly